Groupon for Montreal! https://www.groupon.ca/deals/gl-form...ada-5-93450392
Old 5th May 2016, 12:32 PM

wray is on a distinguished road

Called it. haha
Old 12th May 2016, 09:33 AM

phreezee is on a distinguished road

So many lolz

https://streamable.com/8jwv

I think Nico wins the Spanish GP on his own merit like last year. But the story will be who is in front at RBR.

Poll http://www.strawpoll.me/10173717

Last edited by phreezee : 12th May 2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 16th May 2016, 10:52 AM

Such an awesome race! The Mercs reminded me of Senna/Prost. I honestly agree with the stewards that it was a racing incident. Lewis does seem to be a getting a bit desperate, but honestly the gap was there and his speed advantage out of T3 was huge, so I can't blame him for going for it.

Verstappen? Wow. I've always thought he was talented, but I had no idea HOW talented. First weekend in the RBR and he manages the tires THAT well? With two world champions on his tail?? WHAT?!
Old 16th May 2016, 11:19 AM

Did you watch the analysis? Nico ran his team mate into the grass and caused his own demise.

https://streamable.com/ys32

I hope Lauda apologizes to Lewis after watching the footage/analysis again. Anyone who doesn't think it's at least 60/40 blame on Nico is crazy.

Nico's post race interview in the press pen was a stumbling, back pedalling mess.

http://www.youtube.com/v/klPW5TC0sbM

As for Max, the puppet masters manufactured a fairy tale was the feeling I had about this race. It's moot anyway since Ricciardo had the puncture, and that should take some of the strategy sting away from Daniel.

Sorry for the super salty post lol.
Old 16th May 2016, 12:26 PM

Haha SO salty.

Yeah I watched the analysis, and maybe the blame was a BIT more on Nico, but Lewis had to know that Nico was going to close the door on him too. He was already starting to move right as Lewis started gaining on him, so Lewis did have the option to go left. If anything puts extra blame on Nico, it was that he was drifting too far left while adjusting his power mode, which meant he inadvertently opened the door. As soon as he realized how far left he was, he started moving right and that pinched Lewis. I'm cheering for Lewis in the battle, so I'd love to say it's all Nico's fault, but I think it was bound to happen.

Yeah, RBR definitely screwed over Ricciardo, but that doesn't make Verstappen's drive any less impressive in my opinion. Kimi was half a second behind him for several laps on slightly newer tires and he never put a wheel wrong. That's impressive in any circumstance, but with only a few hours behind the wheel of that car?? Shockingly good. I would love to see Sainz in a more competitive drive in the near future too, as he was always very well matched with Max at STR.

Edit: Best part of all of this? Kimi in 2nd in the WDC!! haha
Old 18th May 2016, 06:02 PM

James Allen on the strategy gaffes: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2016/0...ll-or-ferrari/
Old 28th May 2016, 05:47 PM

Super happy for Daniel Ricciardo. Hopefully there will be rain to make things even more interesting.
Old 29th May 2016, 04:31 PM

Felt gutted for Daniel but some could argue that Mercedes handed him that initial 13 second lead by not telling Nico to move aside sooner. If they had, Lewis would have won handily on his 1 stop even without RBR's pit gaffe. So in essence, both Mercedes and RBR screwed up their races.

This race says a lot about Nico's worthiness of the WDC... couldn't even pass a McLaren. Haha

My pvr cut off as soon as Lewis crossed the line and I had to download it just to see the Nico on Nico pass.
Old 30th May 2016, 03:09 PM

I suspect Nico wouldn't have moved over earlier -- he needed to convince himself that he couldn't get a grip on the car in those conditions.

Definitely Ricciardo is rightfully upset -- Spain he PROBABLY would have won if RBR hadn't given the better strategy to Max, but it was no guarantee. But in Monaco? It was in the bag.

Verstappen needs to spend some more time on his simulator in Monaco before next year. Just could not get a handle on the car all weekend.

Kvyat? Come on, man..

Ericcson/Nasr - Holy christ, guys.. your team can't afford for you to smash into each other.

Alonso? HOLY CRAP! Nice work. I think both McLaren's could have been up in there if Jenson's pit timing was a bit different.
Old 30th May 2016, 03:12 PM

What about Kimi? haha
He got downright scolded by the Sky Sports F1 team, but nothing from the stewards.

I LOL'ed when Palmer was 1st on inters and first into the wall. Monaco is all about timing.
Old 31st May 2016, 05:28 PM

Yeah, Palmer is not the guy you want to have testing what you can get away with. He's just not experienced enough.

And yeah, as much as I love Kimi, I'm shocked he didn't get penalized for driving through the tunnel with his wing under the wheels. That was SO dangerous. Felt bad for Grosjean, but it's such a tight track and Kimi had next to no steering, so no matter what he did, it would have caused major headaches for either Grosjean or Massa.
Old 13th June 2016, 09:23 AM

What a great race!

Best pass: Nico on Kimi
Best block: Max on Nico

That spin at the end was awesome.

Oh the seagulls!
https://streamable.com/q5xd
Old 13th June 2016, 10:13 AM

The Nico camp is angry with Lewis yet again haha. But honestly, Lewis DID have pretty bad understeer there, and if Nico doesn't know what to expect from Lewis by now, he doesn't deserve to be WDC anyway -- that pass was never going to happen. Best shot? Yield on T1, sneak up the inside on T2 -- especially if it's evident that Lewis is understeering.

And yeah, Max's defensive lines going into the chicane were just perfect. I think he redeemed himself after a rough weekend in Monaco.
Old 13th June 2016, 11:13 AM

It's payback to Nico after what happened in Australia and Spain. I'm excited to see the WDC points gap narrow this much after just two races.

Baku looks like an extremely boring track, but I'm looking forward to the next points battle in just a week!
Old 17th June 2016, 12:10 PM

Might have to take back what I said about Baku. Bottas hit 351kph on the straight and it might make for some good drag races and last to brake battles.
Old 20th June 2016, 09:11 AM

Didn't really live up to what I was expecting. Not even one safety car. No real inter team battles, strategic high pressure pit stops, passes were straight forward into turn 1, nothing really exciting at all.

What are peoples thoughts on the radio ban? https://www.instagram.com/p/BG2UIDrzA27/

Best part of the race https://streamable.com/d6f2

Last edited by phreezee : 20th June 2016 at 09:31 AM.
Old 20th June 2016, 02:26 PM

I thought a lot of the passes into Turn 1 were pretty entertaining even though they were relatively easy for whoever was behind. I do find it laughable that in Montreal, Toto was claiming that Ferrari's engine was just as powerful as theirs -- Baku clearly demonstrated that was entirely false.

Radio ban hurt two of my preferred drivers this weekend, but I'm still kind of torn on it. On the one hand I don't like drivers being spoon-fed information on strategy or how to get the most out of their cars. On the other hand, the engine mapping is so complex right now that the drivers can't possibly be expected to know how to get the most out of it. Perhaps the driver controls need to be simplified as a result of the radio ban. At any given race, 3 engine modes available -- limp mode (if temps are getting too high -- easily indicated on the wheel), normal mode, and push mode. Those maps can be set up specifically for that track, but come race day, the driver is in control. It would be against their best interest to keep it in push mode since it would reduce the life of their engine, but if there's 5 laps to go and they're fighting for a podium, they would have the option of using it and knowing the consequences.

Also I love that with the radio ban, most of the radio messages are drivers swearing because they're frustrated with something.
Old 21st June 2016, 04:34 PM

To tie in the Le Mans result into F1: http://www.foxsports.com/motor/story...62016.amp.html
Old 27th June 2016, 01:57 PM

What a great looking and sounding car!

http://www.youtube.com/v/uxAPfWHZvRU